Learn to Manage the Movement of Goods throughout the Global Supply Chain
The Studies in International Trade Logistics program provides the knowledge needed by individuals to work within the global supply chain, helping to facilitate the movement of goods between countries. Students gain an understanding of the principles, practices and terminology of international trade logistics.
This course of study helps prepare individuals for the Certified International Trade Logistics Specialist® (CITLS) international trade certification exam. The industry certification exam testing is separate from the university.
Master the Skills of a Global Logistics Professional
The individual seeking this certificate wants to understand and be part of the ever increasing discipline global logistics as he or she helps move goods efficiently throughout the international supply chain.
This course of study is for:
- People wanting to understand the role of an international logistics specialist
- People considering entering careers into this international trade related occupation
- Individuals wanting to broaden their knowledge
- Those seeking to prepare for industry certification exam for Certified International Trade Logistics Specialist®
There are over 1100 different jobs with the global logistics field and throughout the global supply chain, including this small sample:
- Logistics and shipping Coordinator
- Freight scheduler
- Trucking industry
- Customs House coordinator
- Port Authority Official
- Corporate Logistics scheduler
- Logistics auditor
- Purchasing department within a global enterprise
- Warehouse manager
- Customs Bonded Warehouse
Those that complete the program will:
- Be prepared to work in responsible international trade logistics specialist positions in organizations that participate in global supply chain.
- Know the major components, relationships and terminology associated with international trade logistics.
- Understand the supply chain specialist’s role and duties in supporting international trade
- Students gain an understanding of the principles, practices and terminology of international trade logistics.
- Understand the ethical concerns and obligations of the international trade logistics specialist
- Help people be prepared to sit for the IIEI Certification “Certified International Trade Logistics Specialist®” exam.
Validate your Industry Knowledge and Proficiency to Potential Employers and Customers by gaining industry certification.
The industry certification exam is separate from the university. Dunlap-Stone University is a Master Approved Provider of training for this certification. The school can assist you registering for the test upon completion of your course of study. Learn how to sit for the Certified International Trade Logistics Specialist® Exam.
Course of Study*:
|Exporting/Importing Environment||TRD 201|
|21st Century International Logistics||SCM 202|
|Warehousing: Principles and Practices in a Global Economy||SCM 379|
*BUS-303 is recommended but not required in this certificate program.
Program Length: 18 weeks
Each DSU online accredited course is 6 weeks in length.
These courses can be applied to a certificate, Associates Degree or Bachelor Degree. In addition to earning college credit and gaining vocational skills, the course of study for this program prepares individuals to sit for the IIEI Certification’s Certified International Trade Logistics Specialist® Exam. However, successful completion of the course of study does not guarantee certification or job placement.