Manage General International Trade Operations Activities
This advanced-level Studies in International Trade Administration program helps to prepare people for operational management roles overseeing the international trade effort throughout the total enterprise. Students gain an understanding of the principles, practices and terminology of international trade administration.
Validate your Industry Knowledge and Proficiency to Potential Employers and Customers
For those wanting to validate their expertise, there is industry certification testing available from IIEI Certification, the recognized global certification authority. This course of study helps individuals prepare for the Certified International Trade Professional® international trade certification exam. The industry certification exam testing is separate from the university.
Gain Skills to Support the Enterprise’s Total International Trade Effort
Individuals seeking this knowledge seek to become leaders in their organization overseeing the organization’s operational international trade effort. Regulatory compliance topics are not included in the general operations-focused curriculum.
Those that complete the program will:
- Possess the knowledge to work in the oversight/mid-level general management of the international trade function within organizations that participate in global supply chain.
- Know most of the major specialists’ tasks and responsibilities associated with the function of international trade as a profession.
- Be capable of analyzing and managing the daily functional requirements associated with conducting international trade
- Understand the broad ethical and operational concerns and obligations of the mid-level manager responsible for oversight of the international trade function within an organization
- Be prepared to sit for the IIEI Certification “Certified International Trade Professional®” exam.
People that might consider this course of study are:
- People wanting to understand the operational impact of international trade on the total enterprise
- People considering changing or advancing their careers into this international trade related occupation
- Managers who want to add this skill set to their credentials
- Individuals wanting to broaden their knowledge
- Those seeking to prepare for industry certification exam for this career choice*
Course of Study:
|Exporting/Importing Environment||TRD 201|
|21st Century International Logistics||SCM 202|
|Documentation for the Global Village||TRD 225|
|Introduction to Global Finance||FAE 302|
|International Business Ethics||BUS 303|
|Global Culture||BUS 401|
|Global Marketing||BUS 403|
Program Length: 42 weeks
Each DSU online accredited course is 6 weeks in length.
These courses can be applied to a certificate, Associates Degree or Bachelor Degree. In addition to earning college credit and gaining vocational skills, the course of study for this program prepares individuals to sit for the IIEI Certification’s Certified International Trade Professional® Exam. However, successful completion of the course of study does not guarantee certification or job placement.