Manage the Importation of Goods into the U.S.
These courses are ideal preparation for those seeking senior-level career positions managing critical imports and complex regulatory issues regarding imports of goods into the United State of America. Students gain an advanced working knowledge of importing, emphasizing import compliance with U.S. Customs Regulations and processes and procedures required to facilitate orderly movement of trade. Students complete DSU’s Studies in Importing program and then three additional open-enrollment courses.
The course of study helps individuals prepare for the Certified U.S. Import Compliance Officer® international trade certification exam. The industry certification exam testing is separate from the university.
People that might consider this course of study are:
- People wanting to understand the role of import regulation specialist
- People considering changing careers into this international trade related occupation
- People that want to validate their knowledge and understanding of import regulations management
- Individuals wanting to broaden their knowledge
- Those seeking to prepare for industry certification exam as a Certified U.S. Import Compliance Officer®
Types of Occupations
- Important manager
- Compliance officer over imports
- Customs Official
- Customs Broker
- Freight Forwarder
- Logistics Roles
- Corporate import positions
- Government positions
- Port Authority roles
Course of Study:
|Introduction to Importing||TRD 129|
|Importing Duties and Regulations||TRD 140|
|Incoterms 2010®||TRD 141|
|Introduction to C-TPAT||TRD 143|
|Ethics in Import Compliance||TRD 365|
|Topics in Import Management||TRD 366|
Program Length: 36 weeks
Each DSU online accredited course is 6 weeks in length.
These courses can be applied to a certificate, Associates Degree or Bachelor Degree. In addition to earning college credit and gaining vocational skills, the course of study for this program prepares individuals to sit for the IIEI Certification’s Certified U.S. Import Compliance Officer® Exam. However, successful completion of the course of study does not guarantee certification or job placement.