Serve a Critical Role in International Trade
The Studies in Freight Forwarding program helps prepare people for entry into careers within the global supply chain as freight forwarders. This course of study has been developed to help prepare individuals to sit for the Certified International Freight Forwarder® industry certification examination.
Students gain an understanding of the principles, practices and terminology of international trade as they pertain to the role of freight forwarders.
Consider a Career as a Freight Forwarder
Freight Forwarders are instrumental to ensuring security in the global supply chain, maintaining their responsibility with complying with regulations. Individual seeking this certificate aspire to advance their position within an international freight forwarding company as well as for those seeking initial employment within a freight forwarding or logistics organization.
People that might consider this course of study are:
- People wanting to understand the role of freight forwarder
- People considering changing careers into this international trade related occupation
- Members of the supply chain that need to understand the responsible role a freight forwarder serves
- Individuals wanting to broaden their knowledge
- Those seeking to prepare for industry certification exam for this career choice*
- Freight Forwarder
- Ocean Forwarder
- Customs Broker support
- Warehouse manager
- Transportation security
Program Learning Outcomes
The following learning objectives have been identified for the Studies in Freight Forwarding
Those that complete the program will:
- Be prepared to work in freight forwarder related positions in organizations that participate in global supply chain.
- Know the major components, relationships and terminology associated with international trade.
- Understand the freight forwarder’s role in supporting international trade
- Know the physical processes and documentation/licensing requirements for movement of goods internationally and domestically
- Be capable of analyzing the needs of freight forwarder clients
- Be prepared to sit for the IIEI Certification “Certified International Freight Forwarder®” exam.
Validate your Industry Knowledge and Proficiency to Potential Employers and Customers
The industry certification exam is separate from the university. Dunlap-Stone University is a Master Approved Provider of training for this certification. The school can assist you registering for the test upon completion of your course of study. Learn how to sit for the Certified International Freight Forwarder® Exam.
Certificate Course of Study:
This certificate program consists of four Dunlap-Stone University courses:
|Freight Forwarder Practices||SCM 127|
|Exporting/Importing Environment||TRD 201|
|Incoterms 2010||TRD 141|
|Documentation for the Global Village||TRD 225|
Program Length: 24 weeks
Each DSU online accredited course is 6 weeks in length.
These courses can be applied to a certificate, Associates Degree or Bachelor Degree. In addition to earning college credit and gaining vocational skills, the course of study for this program prepares individuals to sit for the IIEI Certification’s Certified International Freight Forwarder® Exam. However, successful completion of the course of study does not guarantee certification or job placement.