Master Trade Compliance over the EAR & ITAR and related regulations
This Senior Advanced-level Studies in U.S. Export Compliance program helps prepare people for a broad range of careers in critical roles in export compliance management. The program examines in detail the regulatory environment that controls United States’ exports. Students develop a working knowledge of both the Department of Commerce and State Department’s export regulations, including: the ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations – 22 C.F.R. 120 – 130) and the EAR (Export Administration Regulations – 15 C.F.R. 730- 774) and other applicable government bodies’ regulations. Students gain mastery of documentation requirements within a complex regulatory environment.
This program helps individuals prepare for the international trade industry’s Certified U.S. Export Compliance Officer® certification examination.
The courses in this certificate help provide the knowledge needed to assist organizations in documenting they meet the US Government’s mandatory regulatory requirements and thereby attest and self-certify, with third-party validation, they are ITAR COMPLIANT.
Who is this Program is Intended For
People that might consider this course of study are:
- People wanting to understand the role of export or trade compliance officer
- People considering changing careers into this international trade related occupation
- Individuals wanting to broaden their knowledge to this ever important role of trade compliance
- Those seeking to prepare for Certified U.S. Export Compliance Officer® examination.
*Become a Trade Compliance Officer
The certificate courses in this program help prepare you for your role as compliance “gatekeeper”, reviewing all regulated trade shipments to prevent violations of U.S. regulations. You learn the regulations and nearly all aspects required to have a successful carer in regulatory trade compliance within the aerospace and defense industries and beyond. Some roles include:
- Become an Empowered Official for an organization
- Expert on EAR and ITAR
- Trade Compliance Manager
- Export Controls Auditor
- Work in regulatory trade compliance settings
- Oversight responsibility of licensed exports
Those that complete the program will:
- Be prepared to work in regulatory trade compliance departments at organizations that take part in international trade.
- Understand U.S. licensing regulations to aid in the determination of Commodity Jurisdictions.
- Understand what is controlled under an export license and which agency is involved
- Be able to accurately complete licensing documentation required for exports
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the ethical, regulatory and legal obligations of those involved in export controlled goods and services.
- Be prepared to sit for IIEI Certification’s “Certified US Export Compliance Officer®” exam.
Validate your Industry Knowledge and Proficiency to Potential Employers and Customers
For those wanting to validate their expertise, there is industry certification testing available from IIEI Certification, the recognized global certification testing authority. The course of study offered by Dunlap-Stone helps individuals prepare for their Certified International U.S. Export Compliance Officer® international trade certification exam.
The industry certification exam is separate from the university. Dunlap-Stone University is a Master of Provided Provider of training for this certification. The school can assist you registering for the test upon completion of your course of study.
DSU Course of Study:
|Understanding the ITAR||TRD 306|
|Understanding the EAR||TRD 307|
|Documentation for Export Compliance||TRD 311|
|Ethics in Trade Compliance||TRD 320|
Program Length: 24 weeks
Each DSU online accredited course is 6 weeks in length.
These courses can be applied to a certificate, Associates Degree or Bachelor Degree. In addition to earning college credit and gaining vocational skills, the course of study for this program prepares individuals to sit for the IIEI Certification’s Certified U.S. Export Compliance Officer® Exam. However, successful completion of the course of study does not guarantee certification or job placement.