Master ITAR Compliance Regulations
The Studies in ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) program is a professional vocational program developed for individuals seeking to specialize in the complete administration of licensed exports under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) as administered by the US State Department’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC). This course of study helps prepare individuals to sit for the international trade industry’s Certified ITAR Professional® certification.
Master the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and More
The professional certificate assures employers that an individual has an expert working knowledge of exporting and importing under the ITAR.
Who is this Certificate Intended For
People that might consider this course of study are:
- People wanting to understand the role of an empowered official
- People considering changing careers into this international trade related occupation
- Members of the supply chain that need to understand all aspects of the ITAR
- Individuals wanting to broaden their knowledge
- Those seeking to prepare for industry certification exam for this career choice*
- Corporate positions as an ITAR specialist
- Empowered Official
- Compliance staff member
- Export Controls Officer
- Compliance specialist
- ITAR Trainer
- Government/ State Department employee
Those that complete the program will:
- Be prepared to work in compliance positions in organizations that take part in international trade, specifically those with ITAR controlled items.
- Understand and apply the International Traffic in Arms Regulations in compliance settings.
- Be able to process the special documentation required for export licenses subject to the ITAR
- Understand ITAR licensing agreements and be able to apply ITAR exemptions when appropriate
- Be able to develop ethical compliance processes and internal audit protocols that demonstrate an understanding of industry best practices.
- Be prepared to sit for the IIEI Certification “Certified ITAR Professional®” exam.
DSU Course of Study:
|Understanding the ITAR||TRD 306|
|Documentation for Export Compliance||TRD 311|
|Ethics in Trade Compliance||TRD 320|
|Agreements Under the ITAR||TRD 299|
|Mastering ITAR Exemptions||TRD 308|
|Export Compliance Audits||TRD 330|
Program Length: 36 weeks
Each DSU online accredited course is 6 weeks in length.
These courses can be applied to a certificate, Associates Degree or Bachelor Degree. In addition to earning college credit and gaining vocational skills, the course of study for this program prepares individuals to sit for the IIEI Certification’s Certified ITAR Professional® Exam. However, successful completion of the course of study does not guarantee certification or job placement.