Manage the Documentation Supporting International Trade
The Studies in International Trade Documentation program provides the knowledge needed by industry practitioners to maintain the general documentation and records required for international trade and commerce. Students gain an understanding of the principles, practices and terminology of international trade documentation.
The course of study helps individuals prepare for the Certified International Documentation Specialist® international trade certification exam. The industry certification exam testing is separate from the university.
Pursue a Career in Export/Import Documentation Management
The demand and need for specialist who understand the critical nature and dependence on international trade documents is growing. This certificate program provides practical information regarding the various forms of international documentation, exporter’s responsibilities, and export compliance, which is applicable to the exporting and importing environment. The individual seeking this certificate understands the importance of keeping a company’s documentation current and compliant while securing their role as the expert for international trade documentation.
People that might consider this course of study are:
- People wanting to understand the role of the international documentation specialist
- People considering changing careers into this international trade related occupation
- Individuals wanting to broaden their knowledge
- Those seeking to prepare for industry certification exam for this career choice*
There are hundreds of career opportunities within regulatory documentation field, including this small sample:
- Trade compliance department
- Manage international trade documentation within corporate settings
- Shipping companies
- Ocean carrier shippers
- Aerospace and defense contractors as documentation specialist
- Defense suppliers
- export support specialist
- Documentation auditor
- Freight forwarder
- global corporations’ operations departments
- Be prepared to work in responsible international trade documentation specialist positions in organizations that participate in global supply chain.
- Know the major components, relationships and terminology associated with international trade documentation.
- Understand the documentation specialist’s role and duties in supporting international trade
- Be capable of analyzing the trade documentation needs and concerns associated with conducting international trade
- Understand the ethical concerns and obligations of the international trade documentation specialist
- Be prepared to sit for the IIEI Certification “Certified International Trade Documentation Specialist®” industry examination.
Validate your Industry Knowledge and Proficiency to Potential Employers and Customers by gaining industry certification.
The industry certification exam is separate from the university. Dunlap-Stone University is a Master Approved Provider of training for this certification. The school can assist you registering for the test upon completion of your course of study. Learn how to sit for the Certified International Trade Documentation Specialist® Exam.
Course of Study:
This program consists of four courses:
|Exporting/Importing Environment||TRD 201|
|Documentation for the Global Village||TRD 225|
|International Business Ethics||BUS 303|
Program Length: 18 weeks
Each DSU online accredited course is 6 weeks in length.
These courses can be applied to a certificate, Associates Degree or Bachelor Degree. In addition to earning college credit and gaining vocational skills, the course of study for this program prepares individuals to sit for the IIEI Certification’s Certified International Documentation Specialist® Exam. However, successful completion of the course of study does not guarantee certification or job placement.